Sunday, January 16, 2011

Compositionally Speaking..

Over the summer, my family got together for a family photo. This is my family, my parents, grandparents, my brother and his ex-girlfriend. I was in charge of getting a good shot, and since I had never done a photo shoot of this type before it took me a few shots before I got accustomed to having an eye for geometry in posed photographs.

This photo is really unsettling to me because it is not balanced at all.


Here I arranged everybody to be somewhat symmetrical. If I had have thought about it before we had started the shoot, I would have requested everybody wore the same color shirt (or the boys one color and girls another, etc.). Overall, for a first attempt at sitting subjects for a photo I think this photo turned out pretty well composed.




I took these photos at Tim Hortons for my color of the week project, but decided not to use them. I wanted a clear indicator that the photo encapsulated Tim Hortons as being a popular hot spot for those cold days.

This photo lacks any point of interest. There is a lot of extra information that confuses a viewer in what the point of the photo is. In viewing it, you may wonder why the white car is included, and what is at the bottm of the frame and what it's purpose is. (I was not driving at the time this photo was taken, by the way.. :) ) 


After exiting the drive through i noticed the garbage can had the Tim Hortons logo on it and it offered a much clearer shot of what i wanted to capture. There is no confusing elements in this photo, it's right to the point. Although there is no snow in the photo to suggest the cold weather, I think the name speaks for itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment