Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lightboxes

A plan for the lightboxes I have been working on with the intent of displaying my bridge photos of the High Level bridge when the lights were on it. I like the idea of photographing something lit up and then displaying it lit up as well.
After class last Thursday, I thought it would be cool to show my final persona prints in them as well, after it was suggested that I print them larger (the lightboxes are being made to hold 11x 14 prints). The ideabehind this is to introduce my personal thoughts about the film and religion without it having a strictly religious meaning. In religious painting, light is often referred to as possessing divine qualities. It fits nicely together in my head, and it is subtle enough to not force areligious view on the work as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment