Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Book Idea

Owners and pets have a special relationship. I personally, don't have any pets. I used to volunteer at the Humane Society and I felt as though I did have many pets. My book is going to explore the longing of shelter animals to be owned. The photos I have been taking are from another animal's point of view, being a shelter animal. I want to juxtapose an owned animal with a shelter animal, as if, through the book, the shelter animal is looking through a window to what they wish to have. I have been taking photos of each animal close to floor level, and also photos of the pets with their owners. I'm not posing the photos, I think that candid shots are best when neither are paying attention to the camera. All photos are going to be digital, and I believe I will convert them to black and white - I just like black and white better for animals. However, I may have the photos of the owner and the pets in color to make a further contrast that life is better out of the cage. For text, the age, name and location of each animal and the owner (minus age) ill be included, as well with either a prelude or conclusion highlighting some aspects of shelter life... pictures to be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment