Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seasonal Change


This is an ongoing project of mine, none of these images are final. This tree is out in the country, east and north of 43rd St North.. its by a spot that me and friends all hang out (usually when the weather is good) but it is definatly a spot that hosts a lot of memories for me. As seasons change, trees stay the same. They grow, lose leaves and grow more. Memories don't change either. The people in them might change, or not be around with the turning of seasons.. just as the leaves on the trees. I thought that capturing the tree in all of it's seasons would be an interesting way to relate my feelings to the area. I don't have the photos I plan on using in the final project yet, because after compiling the photos into a collage I notice small differences in them (the barn in the back isn't in the same spot). I'm going to have to use a marker for exactly where to stand for the rest of the photos. There is a water pipeline sign that I'm fairly sure will work :) I was hoping that the irrigation pipes would only be in the summer shot.. I hope they are moved for next year's photos! I want to capture snow falling in the winter one as well before the season is over. I also wish that there were some leaves blowing in the wind in the fall photo... 


No comments:

Post a Comment